Tuesday, July 8, 2008

And it goes on...

By now it was the height of summer. My training routine was now running every second day with press ups all the days in between and plyometrics on press up days. I was working 55 hours a week and trying to juggle work, family and training. Often I couldnt go out running until after 9pm as it was still 30 degreesC+.
My press ups had taken over. The range of movement was now chest touching the ground and back up to straight arms, my shoulders were killing me, my knees and ankles also sore all the time.
They say in NZ that it is now easy to get into the police... its not that easy. It takes drive, determination, self discipline and above all self sacrifice and pushing yourself beyond your comfort zone. It is the beginning of your physical transformation and above all else your mental preparation for the job ahead. Self doubt is your enemy, positivity your friend. No-one else really understands what you're going through unless they are also doing it. For me in a small town there is no one else doing this, no trainer, no pacemaker just me versus the clock and the goal at hand. Self reliance is learned and earned, at the end of it all there is only you on the day.

No comments: