Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The PCT...

It is now 14th March 2007 and I have my Physical Competency Test or PCT. This is the one where you jump over the walls, drag the dummy and run round the cones etc...
I am doing it with some cops. In NZ, cops get a cash reward for staying fit. If they do the PCT course under a certain age related time every 2 years they get over $1000.
I watch like a hawk as they go through then its me. 400m of hell.
Push a heavy trailer 10m, grab a tyre assembly out of it and run back 10m and place it down, sprint 200m, walk a 5m balance beam, long jump 1.8m, 1m hurdle then zig zag running 30m around cones, dive under two 500mm high hurdles without touching them, jump through a window, jump over a 1.8m solid wall, drag a 74kg dummy 7.5m then scale a 2.3 m high mesh fence and run 25m to the finish. I had 2.34 and did it in 2.08. I almost spewed at the end but I passed and whats more, I enjoyed it.
Next on the list the interview and paperwork. Referees etc...

No comments: